Cultural Tour & Activities
Take part in a weekly Cultural Tour with Hawaiian Cultural Ambassador, Kalei ‘Uwē ko’olani.
Learn about Hawai`i in history, culture, medicine, and traditions with a Grand Wailea Hawaiian Cultural Ambassador as you tour cultural sites around the property.
Additional cultural activities take place every week; visit our weekly activity calendar above to learn where and what activities are happening this week!
- Hū Kukui: Hū is an ancient Hawaiian game made from the kukui nut (Candlenut tree). Come and make your very own Kukui Spinning top.
- *Pipipi Bracelet – Let us introduce you to one of the most commonly seen tiny black snail shells on the rocky shoreline of Wailea Beach. Come learn about this interesting shell as you craft yourself a keepsake bracelet.
- *Kukui Nut Bracelet: Make a bracelet from the nut of the Hawai`i state tree.
- Hala Weaving: Weave a keepsake from the leaf of the Pandanus Tree.
- *Hula: Dance your way thru the morning as we share the history, traditions, and teach you the basic steps of hula.
- Ti-leaf lei making: Try your skills at this simple style of lei making called Hilo using leaves from our ti-plant.
- *’Ukulele: Join in on the fun and learn to play a few chords on the ‘ukulele.
- Coconut Weaving: Did you know that coconuts are not native to Hawai`i? Come weave with us as we share more fun facts about this unique tree.
- Papa ‘Ōlelo Hawai`i: We will share words, pronunciation, and history about the language thru fun and interactive activities.
- *Lauhala Bracelet Weaving: Though many parts of the Pandanus tree are utilized, the most common in Hawai`i are the leaves. We invite you to a basic introduction of weaving a bracelet.