Grand Wailea Resort Events
E Ala E
Third Thursday of Every Month | 6am – 7am
Sunrise Experience with traditional Hawaiian chant and rejuvenation of mind and body. Swimwear recommended.
Wailea 5K or 10K
Tuesday and Thursday Mornings | 6:15am
Run with our resident triathlete, Rob Russell, along the beach paths of Wailea! Meet at Chapel Lawn to join Rob and guests on a morning run, every Tuesday and Thursday. Complimentary.
Ka Malama Dinner
3rd Thursday of Every Month
Thursday, July 16 | Thursday, August 20 | Thursday, September 17
A Chef’s Choice dinner prepared by Chef Michael Lofaro and Hawaiian Cultural Ambassador Kainoa Horcajo, with foods inspired by, fished, and gathered according to the Hawaiian Moon Calendar.
3rd Thursday of Every Month. $150/person, includes wine and cocktail pairings.
For reservations, call 808.875.1234 x51
Kids Eat Free
At Grand Wailea, Keiki ages 5 years and younger dine for free for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
- Promotion valid only for guests staying at the resort and with a paying adult.
- Promotion includes Breakfast Buffet at the Grand Dining Room, Bistro Molokini, Humuhumunukunukuapua’a and Volcano Bar off the Keiki menu.
- Meals include drink, keiki entrée and dessert
- Valid for more than one child under 5 with an adult as long as they are registered to the guest room.
- Room service and Café Kula not included
Kids Dine All Day
An all-inclusive dining program for children ages 6 to 12
- Daily fee of $35 per child includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Breakfast buffet at Grand Dining Room Maui, Keiki Menu options with a paying adult at Bistro Molokini, Volcano Bar, and Humuhumunukunukuapua’a
- Not valid for Room Service or at Cafe Kula
- Minimum of one adult entree purchase to activate promotion each time
- Kids Dine All Day is subject to change or may be discontinued without notice
Every day, all summer long
Swim with the mermaids, enjoy a dive-in movie, create your own Poke pairing, or party in our Grotto Bar. Enjoy our #GrandNewSummer events all summer long!
- Sunsets in the Grand Suite: Pop Up parties all summer long.
- Monday: Grand Wailea Mermaid at the activity pool
- Tuesday: Play with your Food at Cafe Kula
- Wednesday: Beach Blanket Bash on Molokini Lawn and Poke Pairing and Botero Lounge
- Thursday: Thirsty Thursdays at Botero Lounge and Dive-In Movies at the activity pool
- Friday: Aloha Friday Grotto Party and Fishpipe Specials
- Saturday: Play with your Food at Cafe Kula
- Sunday: Blend Bar and Meditation at Spa Grande
Friday, July 17 | 6:30pm – 8pm
It’s fun, it’s fitness, it’s Zumba! Spa Grande invites all to dance in celebration of National Dance Day. Complimentary to all guests.
Diva’s Night Out
Friday, July 31 | 7:30pm – 10pm
Join us at Spa Grande for a spa fair featuring mini spa treatments including hand massage, spa experience stations with Island Essence featuring tropical scents and mini nail buffing. Advance reservations required. $75/adult, $25/children ages 6 – 12 years.
Ongoing Monthly Events
The Grand Luau at Honua’ula
Enjoy the magical enchantment of Honua’ula. Take part in a voyage of the first Polynesians who discovered this sacred island we call Maui and the co-existence of gods and goddess of Hawaii living in harmony. Meet Pele- the goddess of fire, Kananaka- the mermaid of Maui and step back into a journey filled with traditional chant and hula bringing the history of our island home Maui, to life.
Evening Shows on Monday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday unless noted.
Check-in starts at 4pm; Pre-show activities start at 5pm
Call 808.875.1234 extension 51 to reserve your tickets with our Lobby Concierge
Torch Lighting Ceremony
Join us at Humuhumunukunukuapua´a for a conch shell blowing and torch lighting ceremony.
- Daily, 5:15 p.m.
Complimentary Beach Yoga
Welcome the Maui morning with an easy and energizing Yoga session on the beach – great for beginners. Grand Wailea guests are invited to join us every morning for a complimentary group beach yoga session. Meet at the aerobics room for sign up and a towel and our teacher will lead you to the beach.
- Daily, 7am
Complimentary Art Collection Tour
Grand Wailea is home to the largest corporate art collection in the state of Hawaii with more than 70 original paintings, murals, sculptures, graphics and artifacts.
- Tuesdays and Fridays, complimentary, 10 a.m.
- Meet at Napua Gallery on the four floor by Café Kula.
Complimentary Botanical Tour
Tour the property with Grand Wailea’s Director of Landscaping, Jim Heid, as he speaks to the native Hawaiian flowers, plants, and fruits on property and their significance to the island.
- Thursdays at 10am
- Meet at Concierge Desk
Complimentary Cultural Tour
Journey through Hawaiian eyes with Kainoa Horcajo, Grand Wailea’s Hawaiian Cultural Ambassador, as you visit sites of cultural significance around the resort and learn more about their stories.
- Every Wednesday, 10am – 11am
- Meet in Main Lobby at Mermaid Fountain
Complimentary Scuba Lessons
Experience the joy and excitement of scuba for the first time and learn all you need to know to join us on an escorted ocean dive.
- Novice scuba users can join us twice daily in the comfort and safety of Hawaii’s only specially designed scuba pool,complimentary.
- Certification classes and special tours for certified divers also offered.
- Daily and complimentary, 9:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
Call 808.875.1234 ext. 4590 to RSVP.
Visit Five Star Wailea for more information on offered dives and pricing.
Artists in Residence
Browse through a display of sculptures, paintings, photography, wood turnings and ceramics from select local artists
- Lobby level near Botero Bar.
- Art available for purchase.
- Tuesdays and Fridays, complimentary, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Every Thursday, 8:30 am – 11:30 am
$40 per person + $25 materials fee
Capture the natural beauty of Grand Wailea´s gardens with artist–in–residence Roxanne Broadbent. Designed for beginning to intermediate artists, this outdoor acrylic painting class offers a demonstration of basic technique followed by the opportunity to create your own work of art. With a maximum of 6 students per session, you´ll receive one-on-one support and instruction enabling you to produce a finished painting that you can enjoy for years to come. This class is available to anyone age 14 and up and all materials are supplied by Grand Wailea. For information and to sign up, visit or call NaPua Gallery at ext. 4907 or direct at (808) 874-0510.
Beginning Watercolor Painting
Every Tuesday, 9am-12pm
$40 per person + $25 materials fee
Join Grand Wailea Artist in Residence, Mary Faustine, for a peaceful morning of watercolor exploration. Bring in your favorite photos of your Maui vacation to recreate into a beautiful watercolor painting. Stencils of tropical fish are available as well to mix and match to make your own aquarium scene. The focus will be on color and design. Class takes place in an intimate, creative, comfortable garden setting on the scenic grounds of the Grand Wailea overlooking the Koi Ponds. Classes are limited to six students, ages 14 and up. All materials are provided. For information and to sign up, visit or call NaPua Gallery at ext. 4907 or direct at (808) 874-0510.
Outdoor Photography: Light, Composition & Gesture
Every Wednesday and Friday, 8:30 am – 12:00 pm
$40 per person + $25 materials fee
Take your photography to the next level with internationally acclaimed master photographer, Michael Gilbert. This award–winning artist has developed a hands–on program for photographers of all skill levels. You´ll enjoy practical classroom instruction taught by Michael or a visiting guest artist, followed by a photographic exploration of Grand Wailea´s spectacular grounds. With limited class size, you´ll enjoy personalized tips throughout your excursion. At the conclusion of the class, your images will be downloaded and you´ll observe the process of producing photographic canvases firsthand. Plus, you´ll take home a finished 16–inch canvas of your best shot from the day. Materials are supplied by Grand Wailea. All cameras welcome – even cell phones! Sponsored by Breathing Color, Canon, and Tamron. For information and to sign up, visit or call NaPua Gallery at ext. 4907 or direct at (808) 874-0510.
*Times, prices and program elements subject to change without notice.